Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Introductions

Since anyone who checks on/follows this blog will (hopefully) be getting to know me well in the many post-ful days to come, I have decided to introduce myself in a vaguely misguided attempt at friendliness.

My name is Sarah Gates. I am an Animation major at BYU, though I also spent some time at Auburn University when I thought I wanted to major in Molecular Biology. I still really enjoy reading about genetics and especially about advances related to genetics made in the field of forensic science.

I love video games (mostly RPGs and action-adventure games), though I don't have as much time to play them as I wish I did. I am currently addicted to Dragon Age 2, despite all of the (largely foolish) bad reviews it's gotten. I also enjoy a good table-top RPG or strategy game if I have a fun group of people to play with. I love to read, especially fantasy and sci-fi, though I also occasionally like to change up my genre preferences. I finish at least one book a week. I mostly read when I should be paying attention in classes or while walking. I wouldn't advise following my example in this particular case; it's a lot more difficult than Bell (from Disney's Beauty and the Beast) makes it look. It's pretty much a given, as an animation major, that I love movies in general and animated movies in particular. I really love How To Train Your Dragon and Princess Mononoke. I love learning about the mythology of other cultures, which I think is part of the reason that these two movies affect me so strongly. I also like to write, but I don't do it very often. I rarely finish the pieces that I start when I'm writing just for fun.

I have a fairly large vocabulary that I unfortunately have trouble accessing when I speak. When I'm really tired (which is fairly often during the school year), my speech is even less eloquent; I forget how to form sentences properly and usually end up throwing all of the words out of my mouth in a more or less incomprehensible mass.

My brain is named Butter.

I believe that most people's initial impression of me is that I seem innocent and/or naive. Attending BYU has not improved this situation.

Despite the fact that I am currently attending Brigham Young University, I am not, in fact, Mormon.

I appreciate pretty socks and delicious teas, the latter of which I am forbidden from indulging in as long as I attend BYU.

People who have no interest in bettering themselves intellectually confound me.

I really hate funerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment